torstai 8. tammikuuta 2009

Kiasma vs. Palestine

Yesterday I was going to Kiasma (museum of contemporary
art here in Helsinki) and somehow wound up marching
among middle-eastern demonstrators against Israel
genocide in Gaza.

I left ranks when some group started to shout
JIHAD, although I know there are many kinds of jihads.
Entrance to Kiasma was free on that particular day.
(Every months' first wednesday 17.00 ->)

I should have stayed in the demonstration.
Current exhibition of contemporary art was totally
BORING!! Some asshole finance-guy had bought these
things during 80's (I guess he cheated money from
crippled old people) and now they have ended to the
collections of museum.

There was lot of "art-talk" written on the walls.
Maybe they should have put there also some texts
from Hakim Bey's T.A.Z.
(well, there is a mention of aesthetic jihad :)

.

Ei kommentteja: