torstai 13. marraskuuta 2008

Year Full of Art



This year I have participated in 5 exhibitions
(one of them being my first exhibition in abroad)
and also I published my first public paintings in
Kontula-Health-Care-Center.

I did 7 Suohumala-gigs and put out new Suohumala-CD.
And I did one DJ-gig and tried once Video-Jockeys job.

Hmm... was that all? Maybe.

I really should organize my plans, but somehow
"planning" feels very unsatisfying. DOING things,
however chaotic that may be, is much more compelling!!

I have a really good idea for a solo-exibition,
also I have enough song-structures for 2-3 CD's.
And once in a month I have to visit in unemployment
office, every time fearing that they cut-off my
benefits...

Nobody buys my art and I have no place in "art world".

So what the hell am I doing??
Answer: HAVING FUN!!

If somebody would offer me a job where I could
get 3000 euros/month by sitting in front of the computer
10 hours a day I most likely refused the offer.

It is much more satisfying creating your own stuff
than to be somebody else's slave, even if that means
that I have to struggle with 300-400 euros/month.

And besides I don't have any loans, cars or children,
I haven't bought any of that stuff they try to sell
us so that they could imprison us with responsibilities.

Ok, I have my troubles and I can't say I AM FREE
because creativity in itself is pretty obsessive,
but all in all I'm quite happy with the road
I have chosen...

By the way, these paintings here
(from Funny Ancestor series) are hanging
on the walls of Om'pu-bar in
Siltasaarenkatu 15, Helsinki
until 30.11.2008
(That's VADELMA ry's exhibition there)


Ei kommentteja: